“The roofless shell of Blacksmiths Shop otherwise known as Mine House on Barn Hill, with Vixen Tor and King Tor behind, photographed in 1953. This well-known landmark, probably built in 1871 as a smithy to serve stobecutters in the area, was demolished in June 1964 by Blundells School Army Cadet Force with with the authorisation of the dartmoor National Park Committee"
- DPA Centenary publication, “A Dartmoor Centenary, 1883-1983”, page 53
Updated on June 12, 2018
SX 53522 74865