Taken of Down Ridge or Skaur Ford cross. It is located on Down Ridge, up the hill from Skir Ford, which crosses the O?Brook, above Hexworthy.
It was one of a number of crosses that marks the route of the Monks? Path. This is the name given to the track that links Buckfast Abbey with those at Tavistock and Buckland.
It is 1.50 metres tall and .70 metres across the arms.
William Crossing found this cross lying on the ground in 1883 and arranged for it to be re-erected by Samuel Smith, a farmer at Hexworthy. It has since fallen again, and the shaft repaired by the use of an iron clamp.